Say Yes to VBS!!!!
Vacation Bible School was an exciting and fun week. The morning was packed with lots of activities. The day begin by lining up for the processional and then we all marched into the auditorium following the three lucky children who got to carry the American Flag, the Christian Flag, and the Bible. The Bible was always in the Center. In fact, it was the focus. Teaching the Bible was the focus.
We would sing songs about the Bible. My favorite was entitled “The Bible is a Holy Book.” Teachers would then teach us the Bible Stories and we would play Bible games to re-enforce the truths in the lessons. I loved craft time. Two of my favorites crafts was decorating a cigar box….(I am sure that it tied into the lesson somehow) and taking old teaching pictures and making them 3D using small strips of poster board crinkle up. That was my favorite…I believe these hung in my bedroom for years. But the goal of it all was to help the Bible become real and meaningful.
- The Bible is perfect (Psalm 18:30)
- The Bible is true (Psalm 33:4)
- The Bible will last forever (Psalm 119:89)
- The Bible gives us wisdom (Psalm 119:99)
- The Bible can be trusted (Psalm 119:138)
- The Bible reveals the truth (Acts 18:28)
- The Bible is holy (Romans 1:2)
- God’s Holy Spirit helps us understand the Bible (1 Corinthians 2:12–16)
- The Bible is authoritative (Galatians 3:10)
- The Bible is a Christian’s spiritual weapon (Ephesians 6:17)
- The Bible is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- The Bible judges our life (Hebrews 4:12)
- The Bible helps us grow spiritually (1 Peter 2:2)
You see it really is a Holy Book. One worth teaching. One worth reading. One worth sacrificing your time to serve. Say Yes to VBS!