A few years ago, I was introduced to the game of golf. The game has brought me both lots of pleasure and fulfillment and times of total frustration. To avoid these times of frustration, a good golfer becomes skilled at the basic fundamentals. Learning the correct grip, the proper posture, and the mechanics of the swing affects every aspect of the game. Effective Sunday Schools also must master the following basic fundamental principles:
1. Commit to Sunday School as the priority process for fulfilling the Great Commission.
2. Identify an organization that enables the church to reach it Great Commission objective and to better reach its community.
3. Identify and Develop sufficient leaders who will commit to lead and grow Great Commission Christians through small groups which are open to believers and non-believers alike.
4. Provide planning and training processes that enable leaders to be effective.
5. Develop caring Bible Study Groups where teachers involve learners in life-changing Bible Study
6. Provide adequate space and safe learning environments to facilitate Bible study, outreach, fellowship, and expansion.
7. Foster attitudes and opportunities whereby believers intentionally connect their lives, ministry, and faith with others through fellowships and ministries.
Practicing these fundamentals is essential to becoming a healthy Sunday School. Take time to master these fundamentals and your Sunday School will find more greens in regulation and you will find greater fulfillment in accomplishing the purposes of Sunday School.